Here we provide a comparison between the top credit report monitoring services by Equifax, TransUnion, and Equifax Credit Reports to help you understand what you get, how much they each cost, and decide which is best for you.
- $19.95 per month
- Full unrestricted access to your Equifax Credit Report and Equifax Credit Score ongoing
- Up to $1,000,000 Identity Theft Protection
- Credit Report Locking
- Credit Geeks Opinion: This is the most expensive of the three, but is really a hybrid product combining Identity Theft Protection and Credit Report and Score Monitoring. Access to your Equifax report and score is totally unlimited, and you get the ID theft cover, alerts and resolution.
- Pick Equifax if: You want the best of both worlds.
- $14.95 per month
- Full unrestricted access to your Experian Credit Report and Experian Credit Report ongoing
- $50,000 product guarantee (Not applicable in New York State)
- Fraud and Credit Dispute Support
- Credit Geeks Opinion: Experian are the global heavy-hitter in that they are the big credit agency. This product is robust, cheap, and provides all the bits you need for Credit Monitoring.
- Pick Experian if: Identity Theft Protection insurance isn’t a priority.
- Full unrestricted access to your TransUnion Credit Report and TransUnion Credit Score ongoing
- Credit Report Locking
- Experian Credit Tracker
- Personalised Credit & Debit Analysis
- Credit Geeks Opinion: TU have some great visualisation and financial scoring software. Otheriwse this is a good but standard credit monitoring service. We think TU could be a little more obvious with their pricing.
- Pick TransUnion if: Visualisation software peaks your interest, and Identity Theft Protection is not a concern of yours currently.
(Note: Equifax also provide the Equifax Complete Advantage plan for $3 per month less, however you lose a heap of value on this plan and we think either go-hard, or go-home. Truly. However- if you’d like to get more info for yourself, or or want to sign up for Advantage- Click here )
(Note: Experian also provide a more ID-Theft focused alternate package option called Identity Theft Protection at $15.95 via it’s company ProtectMyID. It’s only fractionally weaker on the credit monitoring side, but includes $1,000,000 ID Theft Protection and internet fraud scanning. If you’d like to apply for ITP click here)